News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ORIGINAL SS SD M42 HELMET REAL OR FAKE HELP

I WAS OFFERED THIS SS SD M42 HPK HELMET FROM A OLD MAN AT A GUN SHOW. I TOOK HIS NUMBER AND WENT HOME TO HIM TO PHOTO IT. HE CLAIMS IT IS AUTHENTIC AND IS ASKING $2300 FOR IT? THE LINER IS DATED JUNE 1943. THE CHINSTRAP HAS AN RNB NUMBER. TWO PEOPLE TOLD ME IT IS REAL BUT ONE PERSON SAID IT WAS BAD? BUT WHY IS IT BAD THEY WON'T TELL ME ? THEY SAID THE DECAL IS BAD? IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE TELL ME. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHY .THEY THING LOOKS UNMESSED WITH AND ORIGINAL BUT THEN AGAIN THE FAKES ARE SO GOOD I CAN'T TELL? HELP PLEASE? HKP 64 14630 SN#

Edited by VINLAND30

I WAS OFFERED THIS SS SD M42 HPK HELMET FROM A OLD MAN AT A GUN SHOW. I TOOK HIS NUMBER AND WENT HOME TO HIM TO PHOTO IT. HE CLAIMS IT IS AUTHENTIC AND IS ASKING $2300 FOR IT? THE LINER IS DATED JUNE 1943. THE CHINSTRAP HAS AN RNB NUMBER. TWO PEOPLE TOLD ME IT IS REAL BUT ONE PERSON SAID IT WAS BAD? BUT WHY IS IT BAD THEY WON'T TELL ME ? THEY SAID THE DECAL IS BAD? IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE TELL ME. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHY .THEY THING LOOKS UNMESSED WITH AND ORIGINAL BUT THEN AGAIN THE FAKES ARE SO GOOD I CAN'T TELL? HELP PLEASE? HKP 64 14630 SN#

Edited by VINLAND30

Edited by VINLAND30

Edited by VINLAND30

I know nothing about SS stuff, but didn't someone else post pictures of this helmet recently, with a different story attached? The bit of white string in the liner and the decal look very familiar. Or am I just having caffeine-withdrawal hallucinations again?

Peter

What story are you talking about or are you just clowning around ?There is no story other than the guy selling it and yes I did meet him at the show. I was aking if anyone thought the decal looked right ? Drink some more coffe and maybe you will remember where you saw the helmet last it would be helpful. If it was posted here it would be nice to know? If there auctually is another post of this helmet the serial numbers would be the same as this one but I highly doubt it.

What story are you talking about or are you just clowning around ?There is no story other than the guy selling it and yes I did meet him at the show. I was aking if anyone thought the decal looked right ? Drink some more coffe and maybe you will remember where you saw the helmet last it would be helpful. If it was posted here it would be nice to know? If there auctually is another post of this helmet the serial numbers would be the same as this one but I highly doubt it.

I find your reply rather rude - don't be so impatient.

Post it at the Wehrmacht Awards Forum you will get better responses - or even better, invest some time and study the subject yourself

Edited by Naxos

I find your reply rather rude - don't be so impatient.

Post it at the Wehrmacht Awards Forum you will get better responses - or even better, invest some time and study the subject yourself

A different story doesn't imply or suggest anything rude either .Thanks for the helpful comments.