News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

paper bag KvK 2. cl. mm Gebr. Gengenbach

Hi Y'all

got a nice little grouping with KvK 1. and 2. Class with swords and the award docs. The 1. class is a marked Deschler in its marked award case. The second class has no marker marks but comes in the paper bag, wrapped in the typical thin brown paper. The paper bag has the marker

Gebr. Gengenbach & Co

G.m.b.H

Pforzheim, Poststra?e 5

never heard from this firm no found in the officel list of all factories.

has any of you a similiar paper bag or heard about this firm

greetings Walle

Hello Walle,

In my opinion, your KVK2X packet is completely original. I have heard of this company name before, but like you, I have never been able to locate a Lieferant, LDO, or RZM Number for them. The reason I have heard of this company name before, is because I also have a KVK2X packet by this manufacturer. I will try to post a few pictures, but it might take me awhile to locate the packet. If I do not post it by tomorrow, it will have to wait until early next week as I will be out of town for a few days. I think this company also manufactured the 1914-1918 Cross of Honor and used the logo of a large letter G with a smaller letter G inside.

Best regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

fantastic ! thanks a lot for your input on this thread. The paper bags are totally equal ! Is there a cross in the bag or is it a empty. Found meanwhile the company's name in Gordon's book about the KvK's but also without any number. Will check your info about the FEK (Hindenburgcross)

greetings Walle

Hi Tom,

fantastic ! thanks a lot for your input on this thread. The paper bags are totally equal ! Is there a cross in the bag or is it a empty. Found meanwhile the company's name in Gordon's book about the KvK's but also without any number. Will check your info about the FEK (Hindenburgcross)

greetings Walle

Hi Walle,

I have attached images of the exact KVK2X that came in the Gengenbach packet, when purchased from a dealer many years ago. The cross is a die-forged zinc example, with a pretty decent bronze color wash remaining. There is no maker marking on the suspension ring and it came with a full-length ribbon. The cross looks to be in unissued condition so it might be original to the packet, but who can really say for sure. Maybe you can compare the details of this one to your cross and look for similar die-strike characteristics?

Best regards,

Tom

Will check your info about the FEK (Hindenburgcross)

Hi again Walle,

Here is the Hindenburg Cross I was referring to with big G little G marking. This marking is impressed into the surface. It could very well be a logo that was used by Gebr?der Gengenbach. I suppose it could also be a logo used by Gebr?der Godet, but Godet usually had their name spelled out in relief on their Hindenburg Crosses.

Best regards,

Tom