News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian Post WWII Tunic to a Military Academy?

Gents,

Last weekend at a Militaria Show here in Budapest I picked up what the vendor said was a post war tunic for an Officer Cadet at an Austrian Military Akademy. Time frame is ok. Unfortunately the collar tabs were removed before I bought it. They would appear to have been red from the thread still present on the collar. Can someone post a picture of what the collar tabs on this uniform would have looked like? Or better yet, suggest where I could get a pair.

Regards,

Gordon

The tunic

Edited by Gordon Craig

While doing some research on another post war Austrian tunic earlier today I was able to prove that the armshield on this tunic is indeed for the THERESIANISCHE MILIT?KANEMIE. What I still have to confirm is if this an officer cadet or someone posted to the academy. The silver shoulder cords indicate an enlisted man. Enlisted men could attend the academy but would show their enlisted status until graduation when they would become lieutenants. Still more research needed! Below is a picture of the metal breast hanger for the academy.

Regards,

Gordon