News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can this Armband be real

A picture of the inside would help greatly....the tinnie is a HJ tinnie. The armband looks to be late war one piece construction. A lot of reproduced pieces are one piecers. A look at the inside and the closeup of the stitching would help.

Rob

A picture of the inside would help greatly....the tinnie is a HJ tinnie. The armband looks to be late war one piece construction. A lot of reproduced pieces are one piecers. A look at the inside and the closeup of the stitching would help.

Rob

Here is the inside

Hi! It's definitely a one piecer....These are tricky. First take on this one is that it's a good one. The stitiching looks good but closeups would be nice. These are considered late war type armbands. They go for about $65 I think. The three piece are the better type - earlier made and go for considerably more. You can find two piece examples as well.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi! It's definitely a one piecer....These are tricky. First take on this one is that it's a good one. The stitiching looks good but closeups would be nice. These are considered late war type armbands. They go for about $65 I think. The three piece are the better type - earlier made and go for considerably more. You can find two piece examples as well.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Rob

Here is some of the stitching

Got a black light and the piece did not glow... lint on it did but piece itself did not.

That's a really good sign but ..as Rob said , these are tricky . Back in the early 70's Delta Int (or one of those outfits) flooded the market with silk screened Armbands like this. They were a "tad" smaller than the originals and for some reason they were so stiff they felt like they'd been soaking in starch (anyone else remember those ?) I use to see them at shows in bundles and the "story" was they were just found in Germany

(surprised ? :rolleyes: )