News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help! Who is this Obrstlt?

Guest Rick Research

Ooooooooooooooogggggggggg.

Can there be anything WORSE than Sutterlin written by a southpaw? :speechless1:

Oberstleutnant Gebauer W?nsdorf 1 October 1940.

Wearing "P 28" which makes him 1939's

Major 01.10.36 #65 in Panzerabwehrabteilung 28 (Breslau--28th Inf Div).

Back when I can track him backwards and forwards.

Guest Rick Research

Leutnant 01.04.17 #4 Reichsheer seniority, ex Fu?artillerie Rgt 7 (but NOT in the wartime Seniority Lists, suggesting he was a wartime Lt dR regularized upon being accepted for the Reichsheer)

Oberleutnant 01.04.25 # 519

1914 EK2, 1918 Black Wound Badge. Assigned to Sanit?ts Abteilung 1 1923-28.

Dead (or retired) by 1944-- will have to flip Glenn's secret 1942 and 1943 Seniority Lists to see if he was still in either.

Ooooooooooooooogggggggggg.

Can there be anything WORSE than Sutterlin written by a southpaw? :speechless1:

Oberstleutnant Gebauer W?nsdorf 1 October 1940.

Wearing "P 28" which makes him 1939's

Major 01.10.36 #65 in Panzerabwehrabteilung 28 (Breslau--28th Inf Div).

Back when I can track him backwards and forwards.

Hans Gebauer (10.05.1898-13.12.1973)

Commander of Pz. Abtl. Abtl. 28 from 06.10.1936- at least the beginning of the war.

The 1919 Seniority list gives two Lts., one in Fu?art. R. 17 and the other in IR 46. There is also Zeug Lt. at the artilllery depot in Brandenburg. Based on this man's date of birth and the date of rank inthe seniority list I would say the Lt. in Fu?art. R. 17 is a better bet. This Lt. is also to be found in the 1923-28 Army lists in the 1. Sanit?ts Abtl. His 1924 awards are the EK2 and the wound badge in black.

Andy

Guest Rick Research

Thanks Andy-- Pol-Major Schumann, original owner of my 1923, put a green pencil line through Gebauer so I misread "17" as "7." 17 it was-- imperial rank date

Leutnant ernannt 25.03.17. :cheers:

I've looked through the 1942 DAL "T" and he's not there. He's also not in the 1944 combined "T" and "S" Lists! (??????)

:Cat-Scratch: Where'd you find his first name (wretched Prussians), birth and death dates?

PS For you Iron Cross fanatics-- note the Otto Schickle-made EK2 Spange with their immediately recognizable small head/big shoulders bird and )1939( bar. :rolleyes:

thanks! :cheers:

i think i have him in the 1934 list hptmn. 1.4.33 #27...h. kraftf. schule

i owe you all beers :cheers:

the other one was at the kreigsalademie in 1934-35, hptmn. 1.5.35

Edited by Ulsterman

Thanks Andy-- Pol-Major Schumann, original owner of my 1923, put a green pencil line through Gebauer so I misread "17" as "7." 17 it was-- imperial rank date

Leutnant ernannt 25.03.17. :cheers:

I've looked through the 1942 DAL "T" and he's not there. He's also not in the 1944 combined "T" and "S" Lists! (??????)

:Cat-Scratch: Where'd you find his first name (wretched Prussians), birth and death dates?

PS For you Iron Cross fanatics-- note the Otto Schickle-made EK2 Spange with their immediately recognizable small head/big shoulders bird and )1939( bar. :rolleyes:

As Rick and others have pointed out countless times on this forum and others, one can never have too many sources. One of my first "modern" pick ups when I began this trek many years ago, was the four volume set (book by book as they slowly made their way on to the market) " Stellenbesetzung der deutschen Heere 1815-1939", published by Biblio Verlag in the early 1990's. These are a wealth of information, to include first names and dates of birth and death. It is a great source and one that should not be overlooked by those serious about this hobby.

Andy

Guest Rick Research

:speechless: Homer Simpson noise!!!!!!

I never look at that after 1918! DOH !!!!!!!!!!! :speechless:

:cheers:

Again. Thank you gentlemen.

Volume three is the one with many names that you will find of interest now that you are on the hunt for the E-Offiziere. Don''t forget the addenda in volumes one and two (another reason why I prefer real books instead of scans- you can write in them!)

Andy