News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Also picked this up last week. Is it Army or Navy? I would imagine the combo to be common enough so i'd guess an ID out of the question?? :catjava: What about possible owners?

Kind regards and thanks :cheers:

Pierce

Guest Rick Research

VERY common and impossible to say. I've had black backings on both navy and army.

Since the 1911 version of the 1905 Luitpold Jubilee Medal was given to all officers with Bavarian nationality, not just Bavarian army personnel, could just as well be army OR navy. Nothing "extra" to indicate one or the other. This is, after all, simply a WW1 pair.

With that length of time in, a WW2 Colonel level anyway.

Nice old stock Godet metal backing, not with their usual pale gray cloth backing.

VERY common and impossible to say. I've had black backings on both navy and army.

Since the 1911 version of the 1905 Luitpold Jubilee Medal was given to all officers with Bavarian nationality, not just Bavarian army personnel, could just as well be army OR navy. Nothing "extra" to indicate one or the other. This is, after all, simply a WW1 pair.

With that length of time in, a WW2 Colonel level anyway.

Nice old stock Godet metal backing, not with their usual pale gray cloth backing.

Thanks Rick. I was thinking it woud have been hard to say.

At least we have a rank to go with it, thanks. :beer:

Pierce