News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Axis Holsters

bsweeney

Would anyone be interested in a discussion of AVIS Handgun Holsters. They are among my favorite collectibles and I have a few to share with you. Please open a discussion if you share this area of interest. Here is my first offering it is a Beretta Italian Military .

• Replies 103
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nesredep

Are you saying you collect only holsters!

This piece should interest you. It is a commercial PP holster Unmarked brown and with front flap scarification. What makes it very interesting is that it is the piece pictured in the popular reference book (at least in my country) German Pistols and Holsters 1934-1945, VOLUME III by LL. COL. Robert D. Whittington III, U.S. Army (RET). The piece appears on page 76, listed as: Figure 59: Walther PP breakaway. No Markings. Red/Brown cowhide. Unknown Category. Original Holster for Nazi Tirolean Walther PP, serial # 135347P, (I wonder what has happened to this gun as I do not have it with the holster), it goes on: illustrated on page 283 of Volume II. Steel button. Height : 7.12 inches (182mm). Maximum flap width 5.12 inches (130). Stout Photo/Author's collection.

I have included pics of the volume cover and page for reference. If you were looking directly at both you could see the match is unmistakable.

Edited by bsweeney

Are you saying you collect only holsters!

This piece should interest you. It is a commercial PP holster Unmarked brown and with front flap scarification. What makes it very interesting is that it is the piece pictured in the popular reference book (at least in my country) German Pistols and Holsters 1934-1945, VOLUME III by LL. COL. Robert D. Whittington III, U.S. Army (RET). The piece appears on page 76, listed as: Figure 59: Walther PP breakaway. No Markings. Red/Brown cowhide. Unknown Category. Original Holster for Nazi Tirolean Walther PP, serial # 135347P, (I wonder what has happened to this gun as I do not have it with the holster), it goes on: illustrated on page 283 of Volume II. Steel button. Height : 7.12 inches (182mm). Maximum flap width 5.12 inches (130). Stout Photo/Author's collection.

I have included pics of the volume cover and page for reference. If you were looking directly at both you could see the match is unmistakable.

Hello!

Very interesting HOLSTER.BEFORE i only collecting Holsters.Now I Collecting Kriegsmarine. :beer:

All the best

Nesredep

Hello!

Look at :Collectors Showcase and Todays Finds & Recnt Purchases. :beer:

All the best

Nesredep

Very nice i have several of the badges and awards you show only my would badge is Spanish Civil War meaning old style helmet. What is the black badge right above Iron Cross.

Bill

P.S. I love the photos BEAUTIFUL!