News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photo with nice commander cross with swords

Hello,

Today I've received this photo. Very nice photo showing a group of officers and more particulary the officer with the Wurttemberg commander cross of the Crown with X. During WW1, only 60 crosses were awarded (dixit Klietman). :rolleyes:

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

Soon the world will be saying "dixit Krause." :rolleyes:

I don't recognize the face (or the uniform-- why a General is wearing THOSE patches...?) but there were considerably more than Klietmann found.

He appears to be wearing a short "fashion statement" ribbon bar which doesn't help (me anyway) but note that in second place is the ribbon of a WM3 and no green enamel wreath on it! THAT would sure confuse us if it truned up today! :speechless1:

Christophe, he looks alot like Alfred Gustav von Mohn, but I have him only as being awarded the Ehrenkreuz vom Orden der W?rttembergischen Krone.

compare the ribbon bar - I think it is the same!:

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-1062-1238469822.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-1062-1238470918.jpg

Portrait of von Mohn

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

Absolutely right and kudos! :cheers::jumping:

Alfred von Mohn: WK2bX 1915 as Generalmajor commanding 26th Field Artillery Brigade.