News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2009 Quarter Sovereigns..

Thought this might be of interest..............

2009 Quarter Sovereigns - St. George & Dragon - Release Date February 2009!

A new denomination in the gold sovereign series. This is the first time a gold quarter sovereign has ever been issued, apart from two patterns produced in 1853.

Available in proof and uncirculated, both versions are in stock now for immediate delivery.

After the special one-year-only design in 2005, the sovereign series reverted to the traditional reverse design of St. George slaying the dragon.

Our prices will show a worthwhile saving compared with buying from the Royal Mint at their official price.

Buying from us you also get the benefit of buying from expert professional numismatists who have been in the business for over 40 years. while we appreciate the Royal Mint have existed for longer, we know more about sovereigns than they do!

Uncirculated Quarter Sovereigns

We received our first delivery of the uncirculated quarter sovereigns in stock on Friday 27th February 2009. Unfortunately as the Royal Mint increased our prices we have had to increase ours but we are able to offer extremely competitive prices, especially on quantity deals.

Gold Proof Quarter Sovereigns

Gold proof quarter sovereigns arrived in stock shortly on Friday 20th March 2009.

The issue limit is 10,000.

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/2009quartersovereigns.php

They appear to be going for about ?50 or ?60, mad to think a few years ago, I was buying full sovereigns for this price!!!! :unsure:

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Do you need a magnifying glass and tweezers to pick one up? :speechless1:

1 sovereign = 1 gold ?

1 ? = what, about $2 U.S., roughly?

So a "quarter sovereign" = 50 cents Murcan? (i.e. price of an average small candy bar)

For ?60... or $120 U.S. Or 240 times or so declared denomination? :speechless:

Uh--

:Cat-Scratch: Why, I'll pay TWICE FACE VALUE and scaroo condition.

:catjava:

Ahem.

Wouldn't it be, um, sane... to issue these at REAL value? Call it a ?50 pound coin.

What's the point of IMAGINARY denominations? :speechless1::rolleyes:

(Scenario: Little Moppet fishes one out of Daddy's desk and skips down to the local sweets shop, where Evil Grocer accepts it at declared legal "value" and ... there's nothing anybody can DO about the deal?)

Can you post scans of one, next to a real coin in the same scale? I always thought the incredibly teensy 10-wuzzit Dutch coins in circulation in my yout' were SMALL-- about as big as little finger nails.

This "quarter sovereign" sounds like it requires an electron microscope to SEE!

:Cat-Scratch: Do you need a magnifying glass and tweezers to pick one up? :speechless1:

1 sovereign = 1 gold ?

1 ? = what, about $2 U.S., roughly?

So a "quarter sovereign" = 50 cents Murcan? (i.e. price of an average small candy bar)

For ?60... or $120 U.S. Or 240 times or so declared denomination? :speechless:

Uh--

:Cat-Scratch: Why, I'll pay TWICE FACE VALUE and scaroo condition.

:catjava:

Ahem.

Wouldn't it be, um, sane... to issue these at REAL value? Call it a ?50 pound coin.

What's the point of IMAGINARY denominations? :speechless1::rolleyes:

(Scenario: Little Moppet fishes one out of Daddy's desk and skips down to the local sweets shop, where Evil Grocer accepts it at declared legal "value" and ... there's nothing anybody can DO about the deal?)

Can you post scans of one, next to a real coin in the same scale? I always thought the incredibly teensy 10-wuzzit Dutch coins in circulation in my yout' were SMALL-- about as big as little finger nails.

This "quarter sovereign" sounds like it requires an electron microscope to SEE!

Rick,

You?re preaching to the converted here. I certainly won?t be buying any. I imagine there about the same size as the 1/10 oz Krugerand or dollar. I bought a 2005 1/10 dollar, and was very disappointed, by the size, as there tiny!! However, amusingly enough, I remember thinking how small a full sovereign was when I bought my first one of those years ago.

I suppose if you?re that way inclined then a quarter sovereign would make a nice size for a ring, not a leery as a full sovereign one? :rolleyes:

Gordon.