News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Radio Operator?s Badge

Hi,

A friend of mine has this Radio Operator?s Badge but has some questions about it. So he asked me if I could help him. I decided to post it here to hear your opinions about this one.

It measures roughly 50mm X 40mm and bears the JMME makers mark on the eagle?s back. The pin and the catch seems to be replacements as he didn?t manage to find anything similar to this one at the pictures he have seen around and at big dealers? site.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas.

Hi Douglas,

My first reaction?Cast copy of an original ?Juncker? RO/AG badge.

It has none of the characteristics I would expect to see in an original badge.

The bird looks to be made of aluminium, mounted onto strangely coloured base metal wreath?

The hinge is incorrect for both ?Juncker? and ?JMME? buntmetal / aluminium badges.

Not much more to comment on, except to say?I wouldn?t want this piece in my collection.