News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Parade Belt?

Hello,

I picked this up today because it was cheap!

Please can someone identify it for me,I was thinking Army officers parade belt,but Russian items aren't my strong point!

Kind regards,

Andy

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: CHEAP? It was CHEAP?????????????????????????????????????? :speechless1:

That is a M1946 16 republics (8 ribands up the left side of the seal as viewed, one on the bottom bow, and 7 up the left side) Army GENERAL'S parade dress belt, replaced in 1956 when the State seal changed to 7-1-7...

with dagger hanger loops.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :jumping::jumping:

:cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Cheap... CHEAP ...

(head shaking smilie)

I couldn't TELL you the last time I SAW one...

1998?

1999?

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Forgot to mention: GENERALS had the Soviet seal in its various designs. OFFICERS had a stretched tall star with hammer and sickle inside.)

Thanks Rick!! :beer:

It was cheap, ?12 or $17,did I do ok?

Plus it's in mint condition,no mothing/tears etc.

The only thing that puzzles me is the lack of maker marks,none at all,is this usual?

Kind regards,

Andy

Guest Rick Research

Seller got anything ELSE at 1993 prices? :unsure::rolleyes:

All as normal. Occasionally there is some blurry little ink chop stamp under the part that adjusts belt size, but that's it. :cheers:

This is what it went on (mine from the late 1960s, but pattern introduced in 1954 in "Tsar Green" material with open lapels):

Except for the navy, dagger slings went out ? circa 1960.