News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian imperial orders to Prussian army

During the franco-prussian war 1870-1871 many Prussian soldiers were decorated with Russian imperial orders. And even with order of St. George. For example, Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr.1, according to it regiment history have got 39 St. George orders of 5. class. Is there any statistic about such decorations?

Wow an interesting Thread! Are there also russians awards known to the Saxons??? I had a picture of a saxon veteran, who got the MEZII, Milit?r. St. Heinrichs-Medaille, 1870/71-Denkm. and the russian St. George!

Best wishes

Karsten

I have some ribbon bars with Russian awards (St.Anne and St.Stanislaus ribbons only) and also Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr.1 group (with two pins and buttonaire). Any chance to ID this one??? :cheeky: :

05122475b9315a_o.jpg

also smaller brother:

049377515889fe_o.jpg

But never seen any with St.George award(s).

Here is one Saxony bar with Russia medal for zeal:

04937753496109_o.jpg

Wow an interesting Thread! Are there also russians awards known to the Saxons??? I had a picture of a saxon veteran, who got the MEZII, Milit?r. St. Heinrichs-Medaille, 1870/71-Denkm. and the russian St. George!

Best wishes

Karsten

Very interesting, Karsten. Can you post this photo here?

I have some ribbon bars with Russian awards (St.Anne and St.Stanislaus ribbons only) and also Kaiser Alexander Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr.1 group (with two pins and buttonaire). Any chance to ID this one??? :cheeky: :

We can try. In their regiment history there is a list of all recapients.