News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This one came along with my new Mecklenberg 1st class. I know that the award to the far right is foreign as it's at the end but I don't know what it is. Could anyone tell me?

Looks like the EK2 ribbon was sporting an icky TR device at one stage. I wonder if the badge was removed and re-sewn to remove the device? The stitching doesn't look very professional...

Rich

Guest Rick Research

Fairly typical of German outfitters confused by Exotic Foreign Stuff-- that is the OLD and OUTDATED ribbon for the Order of the Star of Romania (statute ribbon 1932) which was NOT correct for a WW2 award with swords, as this one was. I think 90% of Romanian WW2 ribboned decorations are WRONG on German groups--

the outfitters had old stock, looked at old charts... and mounted up groups that were incorrect.

Typical. Not a problem.

This would have been for a Knight class as given to Lieutenants. :cheers:

Fairly typical of German outfitters confused by Exotic Foreign Stuff-- that is the OLD and OUTDATED ribbon for the Order of the Star of Romania (statute ribbon 1932) which was NOT correct for a WW2 award with swords, as this one was. I think 90% of Romanian WW2 ribboned decorations are WRONG on German groups--

the outfitters had old stock, looked at old charts... and mounted up groups that were incorrect.

Typical. Not a problem.

This would have been for a Knight class as given to Lieutenants. :cheers:

Many thanks Rick!

Can I assume then this was an officers medal bar? Is it possible for an officer to have won the Mecklenberg Cross 1st class without having the 2nd class? Just wondering as this bar came with a 1st class cross but obviously no Mecklenberg 2nd class shows on the bar.

Rich

Guest Rick Research

Treudienstkreuz on war ribbon but apparently without swords. That looks like an old WW1 real silver crown.