News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schnellbootgeschwader visor cap

t4tdt4.jpg

efrq5f.jpg

25arspz.jpg

971je9.jpg

oucxs7.jpg

5th Speedboat Patrol ( 5 Schnellbootgeschwader ) visor cap. Makers label for August Geiger.

Appears original to me. Possibly post war era.

Thoughts and opinions much appreciated.

Hi Ukok based purely on the plastic sweat shield over the makers mark I would say post war. (original sweatshield were celluloid) and very brittle over time, I'm sure others more expirienced will chip in if I'm wrong

regards

Alex k

Edited by Alex K

Thanks, both of you. :beer:

Any reason for the Johannes Heinrich label aswell as the main Geiger label ? Has it been repaired ? I can't see any alterations - just thought the second makers label was odd.

What's the value in todays market ?

Is the top a removable one. If so its probably just a case of a top from one maker being added to a body from another.

I'm afraid the value of these is pretty low. You can buy a white top Bundesmarine sailors cap on EBay for around ?10. Allowing for it being an earlier blue top version, you can probably double that price but it's still a fairly low value item.