News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greece - medal information needed

Greetings dcollect my friend,

the 1st one is Medal of I Balkan GREEK-TURKISH WAR -1912 when Greece was in war against Turkey.

Greece back then free lands and territories with Greek population like Macedonia,Thesally, Epirus and several islands of the Agean sea.

Your medal is with proper original ribbon.

The 2nd one is from II Balkan GREEK-BULGARIAN War-1913 when Greece fought Bulgaria with Allies like Serbia and Rumania.

The ribbon is original but not the right one for this medal,this medal has the same ribbon as the above medal but instead of red, has green strip in the middle.

The ribbon you got is original from WW2 and from the Military Star WW2 1941-45 First type (with the crown)

The 3rd one is Order, GREEK Order of the Phoenix from Greek Kingdom Era with proper original ribbon.

Hope it helps you somehow ;)

Edited by Emanuel

Hi,

FYI, regarding the first medal you posted, two types of ribbons were used : one for civilian (see below on the left) and one for military (see below on the rigth).

Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo