News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Came across one of these badges recently. This one is the larger of the 2 varieties.

It has the bars for Spartakus and Rhein-Ruhr campaigns.

Anybody have an idea of value???

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by T Casale

Guest WAR LORD

These are a much underestimated badge. This is a link you might find very interesting on the subject. http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=642

As to value, the large oval badge with swords for the common bars has a value of about, ?275.00. The same badge with no swords is very scarce and if you are luck enough to find one, the value would be around ?475.00. I have only seen one resently offered, and this was the bargain of the centuary, ?200.00 on Jamie Cross's site, needless to say it was not there very long.

These are a much underestimated badge. This is a link you might find very interesting on the subject. http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=642

As to value, the large oval badge with swords for the common bars has a value of about, ?275.00. The same badge with no swords is very scarce and if you are luck enough to find one, the value would be around ?475.00. I have only seen one resently offered, and this was the bargain of the centuary, ?200.00 on Jamie Cross's site, needless to say it was not there very long.

Thanks for the estimation on value. These are nice looking badges IMO.

Cool website, appreciate the link to it :)

Ostensibly veterans of the 'troubles' that beset Germany from 1918 to 1926 or so. One doesn't see many of them in photos, but they show up on Weimar era Stalhelm uniforms and sometimes on Nazi/SA uniforms-especially in 1933-34 when there was a mass influx of NSDAP applicants after the Machtergrifung in January.

Many, many people wanted to demonstrate their allegiance to the new regime.

It's my suspicion that 60% of these badges were purchased in 1933.

I think there are documents out there (vague memory of a Detlev sold doc for one) showing they were 'awarded' in 1935 or so.