News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everybody,

Here are two rare photos of officers of the I.R. Nr. 95

First one is the Oberleutnant Egmont Schweitzer. Born 29.8.1890 in Meiningen. Patent Leutnant 22.8 1908 (S6s).

He received the EK2 on 21 october 1914. On December, the 5th 1914 he received the Saxe Ernestine knight cross 2nd class with X from Meiningen. I have got no date about the EK1. He received the Carl Eduard Medal 2nd class with X and date (17.8.1915) on 18 january 1916.. His las award is the Carl Eduard war cross he received on July, the 18th 1916.He died near Joles am Ancre-Bach on October, the 26th 1916.

Christophe

You can clearly see he wore the claps on his third ribbon (CM2X). This is the first time in photo we can see this. It is very difficult to make a good scan from the photo. Sorry for the pixels (and I know I haven't got an Epson scanner :rolleyes: )

Here is a ribbon bar with the same awards.

Christophe

The second photo is Leutnant Albert Stupe. Born on 29. Arpil 1891 in Coburg. He is Leutnant d. R inI.R. Nr. 95. He received both iron crosses, CM2x and CK.

But where is the EH3bX ?

I read again the O'Connor's book, t. 5, and I clearly see on page 178. about receipt of the CM2x :"Further provisions callent for a recipiendt not only to possess the iron cross 1st class but alose, if an officer, the DucalErnestine House Order with X. But just as with citizenship, there were exceptions to these requirements".

Here we are in the exception. This officer received only both iron crosses and the CM2X.He never received the Ernestine House order.

On the photo we can see near iron cross 1st class the CK

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

Guest Rick Research

I can't explain it either, but there were a number of such cases. Maybe it was as simple as "thriftiness." The enamelled Ernestines cost a lot more. :cheers:

It is strange that he received both iron crosses CM2x and CK and nothing from House order. Probably it is like Saxon rules. One officer can received St Henry first and then only Albert Order without Merit order. Or they followed the rules and then officer received first, Albert order, then Merit Order and finally St Henry. For this case here this is probably the case :speechless:

Christophe