News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, I'm wondering how the Officers sew-in shoulder boards were actually attached to the tunic?, I know the end was tucked under a slit at the top of the sleeve, was this then sewn in?. I'm asking because, being a re-enactor, I want to add shoulder boards to a tunic and am worried about the silver cords separating, which would ruin the boards. I'd appreciate any help, as the lady doing the sewing, is scratching her head, as am I.

Hi, I'm wondering how the Officers sew-in shoulder boards were actually attached to the tunic?, I know the end was tucked under a slit at the top of the sleeve, was this then sewn in?. I'm asking because, being a re-enactor, I want to add shoulder boards to a tunic and am worried about the silver cords separating, which would ruin the boards. I'd appreciate any help, as the lady doing the sewing, is scratching her head, as am I.

The shoulder boards are sewn into the seam from inside of tunic(under the liner). I think that the sutures were placed through the braids, instead of inbetween. This would prevent the boards from coming out/fraying.

Basically, the inner liner would be opened from around the top of the sleeve. The top of the garment sleeve seam would be opened as well. The board would be inserted and the tunic cloth would be folded around the board and sewn to the board, from inside the tunic. Once this is done, the inner liner would be closed.