News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Egyptian Police Brassards

Since the early 1980s, brassards are worn on the left sleeve by many conscripts (and some warrant officers and adjutants) of the Egyptian Interior Ministry. Most of the major departments/directorates of the Police and the Central Security Forces have their own distinctive brassard, often in several styles, and they are the most distinctive item of Police insignia.

Most brassards incorporate a crude reflective quality for night visibility -- colored ground glass, glued on.

The first one here is from the Port Police (formally the General Directorate of Port Security, in the Public Security Sector). The eagle in the wreath is the standard Police logo. The Arabic reads "Amn al-Mu'any", literally Port Security.

This one is a bit of a mystery.

It doesn't look like any other Egyptian Police brassard -- the white color, the Republican eagle -- but I did catch a glimpse of it being worn in 1994, by what might have been cadets of the Police Academy or one of the adjutant's schools. And I did buy it in a Police supply shop.

The Arabic reads "amn al-wahda" which might be "unit security," whatever that means.

• 5 months later...

Interesting subject - my only involvenment with the Egyptian police dates back to 1980, & that was just seeing hundreds of them hopping off trucks in Cairo at dusk, & taking up position all around the cty centre, wth tin lids & AK's.

In fact it isn't - I worked with a few Egyptian cops some years ago, a Traffic captain & a captain of detectives, both from Alexandria amongst them.

• 7 months later...

Since the early 1980s, brassards are worn on the left sleeve by many conscripts (and some warrant officers and adjutants) of the Egyptian Interior Ministry. Most of the major departments/directorates of the Police and the Central Security Forces have their own distinctive brassard, often in several styles, and they are the most distinctive item of Police insignia.

Most brassards incorporate a crude reflective quality for night visibility -- colored ground glass, glued on.

The first one here is from the Port Police (formally the General Directorate of Port Security, in the Public Security Sector). The eagle in the wreath is the standard Police logo. The Arabic reads "Amn al-Mu'any", literally Port Security.

hi chris

can you light me with this egpytian beret...it is from police or egpytian army?

regards from spain

Interesting subject - my only involvenment with the Egyptian police dates back to 1980, & that was just seeing hundreds of them hopping off trucks in Cairo at dusk, & taking up position all around the cty centre, wth tin lids & AK's.

In fact it isn't - I worked with a few Egyptian cops some years ago, a Traffic captain & a captain of detectives, both from Alexandria amongst them.

hi leigh

i would thank any light about a new beret i purchased here in spain,look at the forum to see pictures

my questions are:when was used and who did they use this item,army or police?

im a police collector from spain...

my mail is:elcalifa1969@yahoo.es

fernando

Nice find, thanks for posting.

The eagle with blue felt backing certainly looks like the Egyptian police. But the beret is strange. I've seen some Police wearing olive green wool berets, but not cotton tan berets. Could you post a better photo of the label inside the beret?

Senior Egyptian police officers sometimes invent their own pieces of uniform and insignia, so it could well be authentic.

Regards,

Chris

Nice find, thanks for posting.

The eagle with blue felt backing certainly looks like the Egyptian police. But the beret is strange. I've seen some Police wearing olive green wool berets, but not cotton tan berets. Could you post a better photo of the label inside the beret?

Senior Egyptian police officers sometimes invent their own pieces of uniform and insignia, so it could well be authentic.

Regards,

Chris

hi chris

i can not post more pics at the moment because still i haven,t bought this hat ,only these 2 pictures form selller...

many thanks for your interest

fernando

• 7 months later...