News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just got this ribbon bar, most probably the lower of a two-row set. What's interesting is that the second to last ribbon MIGHT be the Duke Ernst Medal from Saxe-Altenburg. The two missing devices on the blue ribbons should indicate Wehrmacht LS eagles. So a former member of IR 153 --- like that infamous Baron Rechenberg?

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

You're right on the Ernst, but this is "all there was," I think. Looks to me like there were two Treudienstkreuz devices on the blue ribbons, so a naughty fellow wearing his 40 AND his 25.

That's an interesting combination. He was in military uniform in the FIRST War (Hindenburg X) and was in something uniformed that earned him swords to his SECOND war KVK2 (fairly early in the war from the devices) yet was past 60 years old, and his ONLY Imperial decoration was the Ernst Medal. Reichsbahn, maybe?

Any chance the seller has more and is one of those "I'll sell off a group one :speechless: piece :banger: at a :speechless: time geniuses? :banger:

Any chance the seller has more and is one of those "I'll sell off a group one :speechless: piece :banger: at a :speechless: time geniuses? :banger:

Wish there was, lol.

However, the two blue ribbons show traces of removed WM eagles. Can't be seen on the first photo, better on this one:

Guest Rick Research

Hmmmmmm. I don't know. I see very straight up and down marks at the outsides of the missing devices like the flat ends of a cross would make.

If it was Wehrmacht eagles, I bet a 12 and 4 replacing an old XII. Some sort of Etappen type in BOTH wars? :speechless1: :Cat-Scratch:

Hmmmmmm. I don't know. I see very straight up and down marks at the outsides of the missing devices like the flat ends of a cross would make.

If it was Wehrmacht eagles, I bet a 12 and 4 replacing an old XII. Some sort of Etappen type in BOTH wars? :speechless1::Cat-Scratch:

The pics still don't show it very clearly. The original "clean" ribbon has been preserved where the devices were - and the ribbons show clean areas only in three directions, left, right and down. Nothing pointing upward - I'd bet there have been WM eagles.

MAYBE Etappe... but nothing from WW1? Especially if he wasn't just a Gefreiter volunteer?