News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian defence of social order

Hi!

Up until now i beleived that all 2nd class Romanian 'Defence of Public Order' awards were in silver with red stones & gold ears of corn!!!! This was certainly what I was hoping for when I sent off an order for one. When my parcel arrived i was rather annoyed because rather than having a colourful award afront of me, i had one that was ,basically, all silver with a bit of enamel!!!

The stones are clear, not red; the ears of corn are silver,not gold!!! I am aware that variation is the spice of life, but i do not like this kind of surprise &, to make it worse, it has obvous signs of wear & the enameling has all broken away on the sun area of the coat of arms!!!

Most of you will think i am a funny bugger for being like this, but i was REAL:LY looking forwards to an unissued & colourful award as i read about on the dealers website, not a broken, worn variation!!! In time i will grow to love it, especially if it turns out to be a rare & valuable peice; but all i wanted was the standard issue.

Have any of you come across this type of variation? As i have no means of scanning the item i cannot show you a picture, & my library staff are real funny buggers about me using their equipment to 'spread offensive items' about the internet!!!!

If there are any other members in the york area, that have computer eqipment, maybe i could meet up & you could scan the item?!

Without pictures its hard to comment,

but it sounds like you did not get the item you paid for,

contact the seller, send it back, and demand a refund

and feel free to name the seller.

but i was REAL:LY looking forwards to an unissued & colourful award as i read about on the dealers website, not a broken, worn variation!!!

In time i will grow to love it, especially if it turns out to be a rare & valuable peice; but all i wanted was the standard issue.

Dont hold your breath on that happening you have been fobbed off with a damaged piece, there were no rare variations issued :rolleyes:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

I have seen the 2nd Class with clear stones just about as much as I have seen it with purple stones. Have no idea of why, just have. With regard to the gold plating on the laurels (not corn). The plating is thin and can easily wear off with polishing. I believe this to be genuine.

Thought I'd include my 3rd Class set. This award, by itself, is rare in all classes. I was fortunate enough to come by the award, box, ribbon, and document with "cylinder" holder... fairly outrageous.

That cased examople is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I have all 3 grades, but none are cased. Truely a super award. I am now starting to love my silver variant,but i am still peeved at getting a badge different to the one described on the website of the seller. I will now have to search for the standard version; with luck i will get one with case, ribbon bar & document.

I did think those leaves beneath the coat of arms were laurels, but some monkey argued me down on them being 'ears of corn'!!!

Kev, until my sister or my library staff start to be a tad more friendly & helpful, i will not be able to post any pictures. I do not have the equipment nor the know how to do so! I have tried using my phone camera, but it went pear shaped. Whenever i ask, no matter how politely, the library staff refuse to help. I once tried to have sheets of 3rd reich awards printed for my scrap book; the stupid woman on the printing desk saw the pictures on her screen & deleted them all!!! The public library 'refuse to take part in the preservation of the memories of such an evil regime' etc....

Indeed, this website was actually banned from my local library for about 4 months; i managed to convince them that it is a collectors site & not a nazi glorification site & thus they once again 'allowed' me to log in again by removing the block they installed.