News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thailand order of the white elephant

alex82

Hello Gentlemen

This is in my collection for i wile now and I recently dug it out to find out which class it is. After a wile of research I'm still not sure if it is 3rd or 2nd class?

can maybe anyone with more knowledge in Thai medals help me out?

here is the box?

?and back.

and the topic description should say "which class" not "wich". sorry but I'm not native english?

thank you

a l e x

Alex of this type there is the Grand Cross Special Grade, Grand Cross and Commanders neck badge with star, so yours is in effect third class.

All the best,

Paul

hmm, i found this picture of a new breast star on the internet?

the ornament holes in this star are continuous and exactly the same in shape and size. In my medal these ornaments are irregular in size and shape so my medal other than this one is handmade. I read that the old versions of these medals are all handmade but i have no clue when they changed to produce them mechanical? this information would help to at least reduce the time frame of these medals.

hmm, i found this picture of a new breast star on the internet?

the ornament holes in this star are continuous and exactly the same in shape and size. In my medal these ornaments are irregular in size and shape so my medal other than this one is handmade. I read that the old versions of these medals are all handmade but i have no clue when they changed to produce them mechanical? this information would help to at least reduce the time frame of these medals.

1960's or later, can tell by the case.

Paul

• 2 years later...

Alex,

This is the second class of this order (although their is a special class above first class, so it is the third highest class as mentioned by Paul). See some attached info on the different classes.

The manufacturing date is sometimes stamped on the back of the medal, and as you mention there is something in Thai. It would be either the manufacturer name or date or both. If you post this, maybe it can be confirmed.

This medal was made by various manufacturers over time, and each manufacturer likely had different levels of automation at different times - I'm not sure of any specific date of converting over to machine manufacturing.