News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

question regarding metal Vs cloth eagle on visor cap...

The correct eagle for an officer's summer visor is a bullion eagle on white wool, sewn to a brass backing plate with three prongs to secure it to the cap.

Thanks for that but did the officer visor caps with white piping only have a cloth insignia or metal too? I notice the NCO caps with yellow piping have metal eagles. If I sound like a total amatuer at this, its because I am lol!!

Thankyou for you patience and understanding!

Charlie,

LW Officer visor caps usually have bullion eagles, while enlisted/NCO caps have metal eagles (officer visors usually have silver, not white piping). However, I have seen period photos of officer caps with metal eagles, although that's fairly unusual. NCO Officer Candidates were authorized to wear officer visor caps.

White piping is not for an officer, but denotes assignment to either the Regiment General Goering or later, Division Hermann Goering. Enlisted and NCO caps had aluminum or steel eagles but officer candidates were allowed to have bullion eagles and cockades on their piped visor caps. Officer caps were trimmed in silver piping.