News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I have some questions on the PKO(3)aE. Were they awarded for a specific war? Where they awarded all at the same time?

I have a Friedrich Lichthammer with following data, and I would like to know if the exact date of his PKO3aE is possible to find. My data so far

Friedrich Lichthammer (geboren 00.04.1818, gestorben 1875<) 1854 Bahn-Ingenieur und Vorstand der Verwaltung der Main-Neckar-Bahn, 1866 Baurath ; Geheimer Baurath.

26.12.1858 GHVP3; 01.08.1871 GHLO3a; RStA3(D.i.B.) 20.07.1857 etc. (RStS3bmK; RStW3); BSMO3a; GEO3; PKO3aE.

StaD R21C (Beamtenkartei).

regards

David

So to explain the composition of his entry

Name (date and place of birth and death); profession in the 1851-1866 era (which was when the CHWO was awarded (using the ; to indicate that the next description is of his post 1866 career.

ODM dates of awards in fron of the abbreviation of the order, dates of allowance to wear behind the abbr., domestic awards first in chronological order, followed by the other awards in chronological order.

Sources I used to find these data.

Should anyone would like to comment on the composition or direct me in to doing it in another fashion, please let me know.

regards

David

Edited by David M

According to Nimmergut, just over 100 were awarded without the red cross device, all just after the Franco-Prussian War, mostly in 1872. According to the statute, as quoted in "Of Red Eagles and Royal Crowns", this ribbon was to recognize those who distinguished themselves by patriotic deeds outside the theater of war. Those in the Voluntary Medical Nursing Units received the award with a red cross device affixed to the top arm.

Edited by Beau Newman

Guest Rick Research

The Prussian Orders Lists have names and award dates. Annual totals will be in Eric Ludvigsen's "Prussian and Other Imperial German Award Statistics" which were picked up in Florida and will be ready for sale beginning next week.

The Prussian Orders Lists have names and award dates. Annual totals will be in Eric Ludvigsen's "Prussian and Other Imperial German Award Statistics" which were picked up in Florida and will be ready for sale beginning next week.

Thanks Beau and Rick!

Why not put the names and dates in the Ludvigsen reprint as well....just over a 100

regards

David

Edited by David M

Guest Rick Research

"Why not put the names and dates in the Ludvigsen reprint as well....just over a 100"

1) Eric's book is STATISTICAL. he counted MILLIONS of awards by annual numbers

2) The book is printed and will be on sale next week exactly as he did it

3) Names and dates are found ONLY in the gigantic, hard to find, extraordinarily expensive Prussian Orders Lists

4) Do not HAVE those Orders Lists (scores of thousands of pages, at least)

5) If somebody who DOES have the Orders Lists was to type out EVERY weird/bizarre/strange/temporary combination of odd ribbons, devices, appendages etc to the Prussian Orders Eric enumerates, by names and dates, THAT would be a work of very many hundreds of pages-- something for somebody else who wants to do a LOT of work for literally no financial reward to consider. :rolleyes:

Eric's book is a "Rosetta stone" to finding How Many and When. From there, any search can be focused to the specific Orders List(s) where data may be. Nobody will ever have to hand count a century of awards one by one by hundreds of thousands again.

5) If somebody who DOES have the Orders Lists was to type out EVERY weird/bizarre/strange/temporary combination of odd ribbons, devices, appendages etc to the Prussian Orders Eric enumerates, by names and dates, THAT would be a work of very many hundreds of pages-- something for somebody else who wants to do a LOT of work for literally no financial reward to consider. :rolleyes:

Well we managed to do the L?beck in an international team. Why not put the Orderslist on a CD of scans and hace them typed out by a group of people. If anyone would have (one o) these orderlists, I would be happy to volunteer as first typing drone :-) (on the job I do something similar) After all it does not need to be finished next week, right?

Making no money at all ... who cares, science (especially history) hardly ever does, in my opinion although we cannot go without!

So please let me know if I can help out in anyway!

regards

David

...you is somebody... :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...you is somebody... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well although it is youthfull enthusiasm form my side, I would say, take me up on it Rick!! I am sure we will find other people more than willing to work on the lists as well! For privat mailing about this, Daniel K has my gmail address.

regards

David

Edited by David M

Hi David,

here are the date

Lichthammer Hess Geh. Baurat Darmstadt Vorsitzender Rhein-Neckarbahn J Pr PKrO 3 aErB 18 03 1872

Best regards

Werner

Hi Werner

I forgot to thank your for the date! Another one which will find his way into his CHWO entry

regards

David

Well although it is youthfull enthusiasm form my side, I would say, take me up on it Rick!! I am sure we will find other people more than willing to work on the lists as well! For privat mailing about this, Daniel K has my gmail address.

regards

David

Hi David,

Rick and I become old with our youthfull enthusiasm :cheers::cheers::cheers: I have 103 wearer of the 3. class and 457 of the 4. class.

Werner

Well we managed to do the L?beck in an international team. Why not put the Orderslist on a CD of scans and hace them typed out by a group of people. If anyone would have (one o) these orderlists, I would be happy to volunteer as first typing drone :-) (on the job I do something similar) After all it does not need to be finished next week, right?

Making no money at all ... who cares, science (especially history) hardly ever does, in my opinion although we cannot go without!

So please let me know if I can help out in anyway!

regards

David

Although replying to myself, I actually thought that someone else would..... :rolleyes: