News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I am looking for the entry of Hans Gustav v. Gersdorff the royal saschon Ober-Ceremonienmeister and Ober-Kammerherr (per his entry in the referencebook on the Sachson-Albert Orden) in 1878. I would be very interested in his other ODM.

So should have anyone have a sachson Staatshandbuch (....as late as possible) I would be very happy with your help

regards

David

Guest Rick Research

From edition 1882/83--

Grand Cross of Saxon Merit Order awarded in 1853. Other awards:

HanGGkr, SEHGkr, WeimFGkr, OeEK1, OeLGkr, ItM&LGkr, GHesPGkr, BelgLpGkr, BadZLGkr, HesWilhGkr, PrRA1, ToscJGkr, SpanC-III-C, PrJR.

That is the eccentric order they are listed in.

From edition 1882/83--

Grand Cross of Saxon Merit Order awarded in 1853. Other awards:

HanGGkr, SEHGkr, WeimFGkr, OeEK1, OeLGkr, ItM&LGkr, GHesPGkr, BelgLpGkr, BadZLGkr, HesWilhGkr, PrRA1, ToscJGkr, SpanC-III-C, PrJR.

That is the eccentric order they are listed in.

Hi Rick

Thanks that's great. Do you also have an earlier Sachson STB to see if he got all this GC's as GCs right away or that he might received a lower grade first.

regards

David

Hi Rick

Thanks that's great. Do you also have an earlier Sachson STB to see if he got all this GC's as GCs right away or that he might received a lower grade first.

regards

David

Hi Rick

I checked my data and yours does not correspond with Hans Gustav v. Gersdorff. He received the SAO1 in 1878. You describe (very usefull to me as well) the ODM of Georg Rudolf (most likely related) von Gersdorff. He was the Ober-Hofmarschall (at least in my CHWO data. Hans Gustav received the CHWO2b in 1853 and the HG2b in the 1850's. I would like to know the ODM of the latter v. Gersdorff as well should he be mentioned in one of your STB.

regards

David

Guest Rick Research

Apparently the HuS HB list the HIGHEST native Order's award year only. To find lower classes, you'd have to work backwards from editions earlier. I only have 1882/83.

Hans Gustav von Gersdorff was only Oberkammerherr in 1882/83. I was so busy typing out the peculiar Saxon versions of abbreviations of the awards that I looked at the job title you listed, not first names.

OKH H.G. v.G. had--

AGkr, ItM&L-C1, HanC-C2, RusA2, RuswAGkr, RusStGkr, OeK2, OeL-C, BelgLp-GrOff, NiderlL-GrOff, HesWilh-C2, WeimarFGkr, LuxEK-GrOff, SchwNGkr, OldH&VGkr, ToscJ-C, ToscCVGkr, SEHGkr, AnhAdBGkr, OeFJGkr, ItKrGkr, GHesPGkr, BayrVvhMGkr, PrRAGkr, MecklWKGkr.

The way awards are "organized" makes no sense for German before foreign, alphebetical, or by class. The only thing I can GUESS (???) is that they are listed in the exact order that they were awarded in, after Saxon awards.

Apparently the HuS HB list the HIGHEST native Order's award year only. To find lower classes, you'd have to work backwards from editions earlier. I only have 1882/83.

Hans Gustav von Gersdorff was only Oberkammerherr in 1882/83. I was so busy typing out the peculiar Saxon versions of abbreviations of the awards that I looked at the job title you listed, not first names.

OKH H.G. v.G. had--

AGkr, ItM&L-C1, HanC-C2, RusA2, RuswAGkr, RusStGkr, OeK2, OeL-C, BelgLp-GrOff, NiderlL-GrOff, HesWilh-C2, WeimarFGkr, LuxEK-GrOff, SchwNGkr, OldH&VGkr, ToscJ-C, ToscCVGkr, SEHGkr, AnhAdBGkr, OeFJGkr, ItKrGkr, GHesPGkr, BayrVvhMGkr, PrRAGkr, MecklWKGkr.

The way awards are "organized" makes no sense for German before foreign, alphebetical, or by class. The only thing I can GUESS (???) is that they are listed in the exact order that they were awarded in, after Saxon awards.

Very helpfull !!! and so many to! I will add them to the data I already have (I have him as a CHWO2b ofcourse) and will try to find more dates for the awards. It could make sense (the order of abbreviations that is) and I will try and find at least the GHVP1 and NGOdE1 to try and prove it. Will let you know what I find out. As a matter of fact, I am working the foreign recipients of the CHWO in the exact same way as for their awards. First other or previous kurhessian, then the domestic awards and the rest in chronological order. It is in my opinion the most logical way to work, as I also represent their career chronologically (at least the 1851-1866 era career, including the last position held and the date of peniosn if available).

regards

David