News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Succumbing to the ever-present allure....

One and the same..... I just couldn't help myself. I cannot remember the last one I saw sell for such a low price....

slippery slope....

been here before....

Is there a 12-step program for ex-St. Henry Collectors?

Yep, the cased one in Deutschland went for over double the US one..... me thinks I have had my one "deal of the year" moment.

No details on the recipient, looks more to me that the seller is breaking a rather large collection based on what he's sold thus far.

As an aside, I do understand that it does not conform with most of the pre-1920 pieces from Glaser or Scharffenberg. Clearly a later piece, but certainly not one of the usual copies. The quality (even visible on crappy seller scans) is way above that. I will be taking a hard look at it when it arrives!

Dang... I mistakenly thought the pics in the award case were clearer pics of the same award...

I'm no expert, but dang, that picture of yours sets off alarm bells in the back of my head.

I have never before seen this order with this kind of suspension going into the crown.

I have never before seen this order with the outlying clovers split like that.

I just reread your original post... :rolleyes: This was sold as a copy then? DUH! (to me!) :P

OK, here's your pix. My thoughts: Bronze gilt, made post 1945. Hot enamel work inconsistent with any German (or Austrian) manufacturing pre-1945 that I have ever handled. Made when.... not sure, but I lean towards later much. Note the center portrait looks wonderful until you get very, very close.... then it almost looks like a transfer! Yes, I have returned it for a refund despite the very high quality.... just not high enough.