News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oh Sure! Another Leaky Nuclear Submarine? Or An Ice-breaker With A Dent?

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Say hello to Comrade Naval Engineering Colonel Vadim P. Golovenko, just in from the western coast of Canada (where they can ALMOST see Russia) :cheers:

On back this reveals that the photo was taken in November 1965 and attested in December of that year. His brand new 1965 Victory Jubilee Medal is at bottom, in front of his long service MMM, Victory Over Germany, 1948 Jubilee, 1958 Jubilee, and 20 Years Armed Forces Long Service Medals. That makes ONE of his Red Stars "fpr something" and the other for 15 years service.

Guest Rick Research

I have never understood why some units Told All and others used those wretched "Feldpost Numbers" type. Lucky for us, since I'd have been hard pressed to imagine what "GUSRZ Vmor" stood for, otherwise! :speechless1:

Nice clear stamp of the Main Administration of Ship Repair Factories of the Soviet Navy:

But check this out, Comraids! :Cat-Scratch: Although it is December 1965... the Soviet seal in the stamp is the 16 Republics (8-1-7) altered in... 1956 to the final 15 Republics!

OLD outdated stamp! :rolleyes:

Thanks Hardy!