News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Not Often Seen Unit Related Soldbuch

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a new member to the organization. I started with the TeNo thread, but as a WWII German uniform collector I like to research my acquisitions. Over the past year I found both an NCO & Officer's Feldpost Tunic. I have been researching both during that time. It seem not much info is available regarding the size/number of personnel in the FP service during the period 1939-45. I really like the Soldbuchs you have posted. Trying to find FP related militaria is a challenging as TeNo. Any information on the units, organization, size, etc would interest me greatly. thanx..

• 4 weeks later...

:Cat-Scratch: Since the closeup photos show their shoulder boards are NOT held on with buttons at the collar ends... what on earth held them on? Did they sew them down? :speechless1:

I've just got this shoulder board, bought as a "Heer NCO Official's board, Kriegslagermeister group, lacks it's "HV" cypher", so not the lemon waffenfarbe of the Feldpost (I don't know exactly what this board is, with grey waffenfarbe as worn by a NCO equivalent).

The inner loop of braid at the top of the board is so designed as to be able to be bent up, with a large hole underneath where the button would be - looks like the board is designed to take a button of some kind, perhaps a flat utiliy type, which is then concealed by the braid:

I love this sort of thread. I just was introduced and learned a lot about the German army postal service, something I never really thought about before. This Soldbuch traveled a looong way-from the suberbs of Moscow to southern Italy and back into central Europe. Very cool. :cheers: