News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Untouched Medal Bar Or Frankenstein Parts?

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Well folks, I've had this 4 medal bar since the Good Old Days.

With the great results Paul has been getting back from Marco, I am going to venture out of "Soviet retirement" and have the Red Banner researched as a first step to seeing if this is an untouched or parts bar.

Guest Rick Research

Because of the serial numbers:

Order of the Red Banner number 176,859 falls into the mass long service Ukaz of 3 November 1944 range...

while Military Merit Medal 2,689, 507 falls into a mass long service Ukaz of June 1946.

:Cat-Scratch:

Obviously BOTH cannot co-exist on the same medal bar IF indeed BOTH were for long service! :speechless1:

So I will ask Marco's EXCELLENT contact to have JUST the Red Banner looked up by serial number 176,859

for Awards Record Card andcitation. If the ARC comes back confirming both numbered awards to the same (officer comrade?) THEN I will have the MMM citation and his service record done.

Stay tuned, comraids. :catjava:

Echoes of War lists many "real" awards right in between the 3 November 1944 Red Banners. Since Red Banner 176,206 and 177,848 were both combat awards, awarded by the 1st Ukrainian Front, I would say that yours is too. The same goes for the MMM, which falls right into a messy range of combat awards and 1944, 1945, 1946 and 1947 long service awards. Yours could easily be a real award. We'll see. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Resuklts from the ARMY archive came back yesterday (much appreciated, Marco!) NEGATIVE.

Navy? State Security? Who knows....... maybe Some Day.....

Resuklts from the ARMY archive came back yesterday (much appreciated, Marco!) NEGATIVE.

Navy? State Security? Who knows....... maybe Some Day.....

You could research the MMM... It could be dead-end too, but if it yields results, you will at least have confirmation that the medal bar is made up (but then you'll have some expensive research on a low medal)...