News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Hello avadski:

Yes, this is the newer-type (post 1905) MVO II. It is certainly gold and it looks good to me from the photos. This piece is from the Tammann collection. The only problem with it is the slight damage to the enamel. But, most of these pieces are encountered with some chipping usually. Kuenker is a good auction house and has an excellent reputation. These pieces were catalogued by Mr. Autengruber who is well-respected in this field.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Yes, this is the newer-type (post 1905) MVO II.

I don't know much about the higher grades of MVO, but isn't the post-1905 not actually the same as the pre-1905 commander's cross? Or are there any differences?

I know there are same makers that stopped pre-1905 and therefore have to be "old type", but the crosses did not change, did they?

One thing regarding Künker and Autengruber: they are good and I don't think have any bad intentions (some others have, for sure), but Autengruber seems to have missed somthing about 1870 EKs: an apparently so called 9th bead fake is offered as 1900 to 1914 replacement cross... :violent:

I don't know much about the higher grades of MVO, but isn't the post-1905 not actually the same as the pre-1905 commander's cross? Or are there any differences?

I know there are same makers that stopped pre-1905 and therefore have to be "old type", but the crosses did not change, did they?

One thing regarding Künker and Autengruber: they are good and I don't think have any bad intentions (some others have, for sure), but Autengruber seems to have missed somthing about 1870 EKs: an apparently so called 9th bead fake is offered as 1900 to 1914 replacement cross... :violent:

Hello Sascha:

An excellent point. Yes, you are indeed correct, the pre-1905 Commander's Cross was the same as the post-1905 II Class. Before 1905, the Knight 1st Class looked like the post-1905 MVO III (this type has flames between the arms). Before 1905 the Knight 2nd Class looked the same as the post-1905 MVO III, except without flames between the arms.

What I had meant to articulate (but did not do so properly) was that the MVO II and the MVO Knight II are different.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schiessplatzmeister