News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just received the latest catalog from Carsten Zeige, Auction 33, 26 September.

On page 13, items 204 and 205... I have never seen Crown Orders like these before.

For those without the catalog, 204 is the neck badge for a commander, 205 is the associated breast star. Both have an enamel ribbon in the colours of the Order of the Red Eagle around them.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to the meaning of this? I've honestly never seen this before or even heard of it.:blush:

Thank you...

According to the regulations, the 1st Class REO and KO were not to be worn together. Those who held both awards were to wear the insignia of the one most recently awarded with an enamel ribbon of the other award wrapped through the arms of the cross and rays of the breast star. However, this applied only to the 1st Class (8 pointed star). You implied that this was a "Commanders" award, which would likely be a 2nd Class award (4 pointed star). As far as I know, there was no recognized version of the 2nd Class with enamel band.

Edited by Beau Newman

These pieces are described as being 1st class pieces; and such pieces are legitimately recognized (OEK #1745/1 and #1745/2).

I would also point out that they are further described as being post 1918 jewelers copies. Kudos to Herr Zeige for his honesty on this point.

Does anyone have some experience with that seller? He's selling some items like this MVK3 without swords which I believe is fake:

Militär-Verdienstkreuz, 3. Klasse, Messing verkupfert, einteilige Prägung. Die MVK ohne Schwerter sind selten.

Does anyone have some experience with that seller? He's selling some items like this MVK3 without swords which I believe is fake:

Some good stuff, some bad stuff, actually as almost everywhere. I would not touch this MVK3.