News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I saw that Detlev had what he called 1957 daggers for sale a month or two ago , they were post war made and basically looked the same as the WW2 daggers for the Army , Navy and Airforce except de-nazified .

Does anyone have one of these they can show a picture of or can anyone add anything to this ?

Cheers

Grant

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Grant,

here we go.

Differences:

Makersmark isn?t stamped, its edged

Scabbard rings are pressed in the making of the shell, not a separate ring.

Thin wire in grip.

Grip in white plastic, not colloid over wood.

Eyelet with ring to hanger: Note it has a single "rope-style" in the design.

Pommel with the anchor

NOTE: Etched trademarks is used on period navaldagger also. H?rster and Weyersberg, but they made the model 57 also, and they are harder to spot.

Happy new year !

Best;

Dutch

Hi Grant,

as far as I know they were produced til the early 80?s. They aren?t expensive. I bought this one for $80. They don?t have a true collector value. But I?m collecting german naval daggers from the beginning (Amazone) til the end (M57 pattern), so I have to have it. The owner of this one is known, he served as an officer in the Kriegsmarine and later as an high ranking ?NATO - Verbindungsoffizier? in the Bundesmarine. Correct ones aren?t easy to find. A lot of them were doctored up with a fake swastika pommel for selling in ebay.

Best;

Flyingdutchman

Hello

There is no such this as 57 version german daggers.

In 1963 the Germans offered a naval version only, This lasted only 3-4 years.

In the 80's they started making the daggers again and in 1989 the unification version came out.

Hello Bob ,

So only the Navy dagger is a legitimate post war dagger ?

I definaltey saw the luftwaffe and Army dagger,s that Detlev described as " 1957 " ones . the Army and Luftwaffe dagger were plain on the cross guard where the eagles should have been . So are these just monkeyed with fake daggers !

Regarding this reunification dagger is it the same as the one shown above ?

Thanks for the input !

Cheers

Grant