News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Republic of China Paratrooper documents

hc8604

Here is something not many people have seen before. These are a recorded jump document and a Master paratrooper certificate.

dsc02157b.jpg

Certificate dated 1962

dsc02159ba.jpg

Inside of Certificate

dsc02160ba.jpg

Recorded and dated jumps

dsc02161bn.jpg

It folds out into 100 total spaces for recording jumps

dsc02162ba.jpg

Badge is not original to the documents (incorrect serial number). Hopefully I can find it one day...

18555356.jpg

Picture of my dad. The documents belong to him.

Also just to note, recent Master certificates are nearly identical as it was 40 years ago (the one I saw was dated 2001). There are a minor differences such as better printing method, no serial number is included, and a few modified spaces for information.

Edited by hc8604

It is 1962. 51 is the Republic year smile.gif

I have a copy of a M1943 jacket made in Taiwan. It is the Taiwan paratrooper version with a small pocket on the left arm. That is the only uniform my dad has left. He had a bunch of other uniforms, helmets, and plenty of other stuff, but I think my grandmother left it outside while she was cleaning up the house and somebody thought it was trash and took it away, or stolen, according to my dad. I was told the M1943 copy is scarce...

My dad told me it was his jacket, but it has somebody's name in it.. I am guessing it was returned and given to my dad after he finished his time. I could barely read the tag; I can barely see 51 year as the manufacture date. So it was new, issued once.

n8316171_41683242_7445.jpg

I think I have a few more items. I have his identification paper. I have a picture that you give out to people as a Christmas card thing... but I can't find it right now. My dad has not seen it recently, but it is somewhere around...

I think that is about it. My dad and me grabbed a few items from my grandmother's old house when we visited Taiwan two years ago. Hopefully I can go back soon and throughly search the house smile.gif

Oh yeah here are some Dachen patches. It was given to each person on the island as the US military was helping evacuate the island as the communist forces were going to attack soon in 1954.

dsc02175ba.jpg

dsc02179b.jpg

I have both my dads and my grandfather. Although my aunts' and grandmother are missing, maybe only males were issued these?

Edited by hc8604

huh.. not much respones. I guess many of you all have seen these things before or not interested in Taiwan/Republic of China Army stuff (from what I see, only medals..95%).

I forgot to mention that those patches were from 1954... aka the 1st Taiwan Straight Crisis. It is history many are aware on Taiwan, but few around the world. There is a book out there that tracks several families after their move from Dachen Islands. A few of them moved to the United States, a few stayed on Taiwan. IIRC, those in the US had better lives than in Taiwan (although that is the norm for most immigrating families from other countries too).

I guess I won't be saying any more since there isn't any interest. unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...