News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi - Rick. Yes WW1 - British. I just know that someone will tell me that it's an obvious unit...

Rick - I was going to IM you - I have a fantastic Boer War prison pardon - signed by Paul Kruger - however, it is in High Dutch. I am wondering where to post , any suggestions - do you know any high Dutch - I wonder if Chris does ?

Guest Rick Research

I guess in here-- just put the DUTCH part in the new thread's title-- we have members from the Netherlands, but they'll need to see it in the title of New Posts.

Hi - Rick. Yes WW1 - British. I just know that someone will tell me that it's an obvious unit...

Rick - I was going to IM you - I have a fantastic Boer War prison pardon - signed by Paul Kruger - however, it is in High Dutch. I am wondering where to post , any suggestions - do you know any high Dutch - I wonder if Chris does ?

Google Translations or Translator, there is a free website I use, just indicate the languages then type in one and it will translate it into the other. Dutch is one of many. Sometimes the translation is a little "awkward" because of the differences in grammar, nuances and subtleties but you can usually figure it out.

The Trio is named : 88-13220 Pte. A. J. BRUCE A.V.C.

My apologies - when these are dirty it is hard to see the initials - with a big glass, I can see that it is A.V.C. - not A.V.G. - I'm still not sure of unit -could it be Armoured Vehicle Corps ?

Interestingly, he has a Defence and War for WW2 - privately named to : Sgt. A.J. Bruce. 1477415 R.A.

Thankyou for previous suggestions. Mervyn

The Trio is named : 88-13220 Pte. A. J. BRUCE A.V.C.

My apologies - when these are dirty it is hard to see the initials - with a big glass, I can see that it is A.V.C. - not A.V.G. - I'm still not sure of unit -could it be Armoured Vehicle Corps ?

Interestingly, he has a Defence and War for WW2 - privately named to : Sgt. A.J. Bruce. 1477415 R.A.

Thankyou for previous suggestions. Mervyn

AVC Army Veterinary Corps

Paul