News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

Not really my thing so sorry if in the wrong forum. I have this postcard sized picture that I assume is

a private photo. Firstly is it possible to put a time frmae on this also, can someone translate the writing on the rear and read the names on thebottom if possible.

Many thanhttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2009/post-149-125578984288.jpgks

andy

3rd. company of either:

Füsilier Regiment "General Feldmarschall Prinz Albrecht von Preußen" Nr. 73 (Hannoversches)

or

Infanterie-Regiment Nr.79 (3. Hannoversches)

The names are

Offizierstellvertreter Richter, Breuning, Hauptmann Reinking, Lohrengel

(In 1909 Reinking was a Leutnant in Infanterie-Regiment Nr.53)

Time: 1914 or early 1915

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

"Gibraltar" cuff title was worn on 3 button cuff uniforms by Infantry Regiments 73 and 79.

"Richter Brenning Hptm Reinking Lohrengel" first photo

"III. (SIC!!!) Komp

Hauptm Reinking

OffzStellv Richter

Lohrengel

Brenning"

reverse inscription

From the fact that they are wearing pre-war blue tunics, the officer in old style fatigue duty Litewka jacket, Richter with P-08 holster, and the rank title "Officer Deputy" this must date at just about the outbreak of the war. Perhaps into 1915 if at home.

Reinking was a Hauptmann der Landwehr Infanterie I. Aufgebot in Landwehrbezirk Braunschweig when the war started.