News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

very interesting Hohenzollern / SEHO combination

Hello community..... today I want to show you a very interesting combination of Hohenzollern and SEHO on one bar - the good news is that I have TWO photos of this man ..... the not so good news is that the only additional info on the second photo is his wife... :whistle:

Photographer either from Kassel or from Elberfeld , I am not shure what uniform that is because there is something on his shoulderboards what screams "some kind of official" or a Beamter of some sort...but the uniform looks like some kind of Garde , Verkehrstruppen , Pioniere...... but maybe I am completely wrong :sleep: I simply don`t know where to search for him....

of course there is no date on the photos - would be too simple.... only after 1897 for shure

So , as always - enjoy the pics and every help is warmly welcome

thank you

Heiko

What a small world ! The man was a comrade or friend of my great-gandfather. I have exact photo Nr.2 in his album. I will check the reverse of my photo this evening, perhaps a notice .....

In the 1880/90 years my great/grandfather was Rittmeister d.R. and Kommandeur of Landwehr-Train in Landwehrbezirk Meschede.

I showed the picture here.... http://sammlergemeinschaft-deutscherauszeichnungen.org/wbb4/thread.php?threadid=5943&hilight=Mertens

Regards

Markus

Edited by NavalMark

Guest Rick Research

From these clues, photos date between 1897 (obviously! :cheeky: ) and 1902 and show

then-Geheimer Kriegsrath- und- Intendanturrath, Premierlieutenant / Oberleutnant der Landwehr Infanterie I (LWBzk Cassel I)

Heinrich Diepenbrock.

Born Alverskirchen, Kreis Münster 21 August 1857.

On staff of XI. AK in 1898, transferred to the newly formed XVIII. AK in 1899, and in 1902 upon retiring from the Landwehr as Oberleutnant, got an LD1. His LD2 old style brooch is airbrushed away off his tummy in these photos.

Ended his career as Wirkl. Geh. Kriegsrat (06.11.17) and Chief Intendant of the Prussian Militärverkehrstruppen.

Final awards: EK1 (sooooo... a "white black" FIRST Class :whistle: ), RAO3mSchl, KO3, PrRKM3, and ÖFJ4 to what you see in the photos.

He was still alive in 1929 but the Intendantur Ehrenrangliste has no home address for him.

Good thing the awards combination is so odd. Those Beamten uniforms make me crazy. :catjava:

Of cause, so he is a related to my great-grandfather Rittmeister d.R. Dr. Heinrich Hockenbeck, also born in Alverkirchen in 1846.

Thanks Rick for the name ! May be i have his documents of birth and some more informations about him. I will have a look this evening.

Regards

Markus

Unbelievable small world , really..... :o

:jumping: So it is really a bit like christmas - for me and for Markus :jumping: Gescheeeeeeeeeeeeeenke !!! :D

Thank you Rick :beer: and...

Good thing the awards combination is so odd. Those Beamten uniforms make me crazy.

ohhhhhh yes , they do!!!

..and i am a little bit exhited, searching in my archivals......

Until now only found this, not important but interesting: the church-register extract from Alverskirchen about the wedding of his parents.

His mother, Anna Gertrud Diepenbrock, was also the mother of his sister, the wife of my great-grandfather. And the twin of the photo .....

Markus

Guest Rick Research

Actually, it all comes down to having the right books.

Before becoming the heir to Eric Ludvigsen's Nachlass, thanks to Mrs L and the Gang's-All-Here, :cheers: I had zip zero nada nichts nichevo for the 1890s and could NOT back-track and fast-forward like this. I am the designated caretaker TO keep The Work going on. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

:cheeky:

Diepenbrock started out as a Secondelieutenant dR in Inf Rgt 55 before going to dL status as the Intendantur Assessor of XI AK at the beginning of the 1890s. (His HEK3 is still a mystery! :speechless1: )

But-- it ALSO helps to have a dedicated network of fellow research fanatics:

From Siekmann's 1917 Taschen-Kalendar für Beamte der Militär-Verwaltung (found by Glenn)

From this, we can see that Diepenbrock and several of his supply corps colleagues also had INEXPLICABLE "black-white" EK2s. :unsure: So his was one of the freaky 6,855 "für Kriegsverdienst in der Heimat" ones-- and a 1st class of THAT variety. He'd never have heard a shot fired during the war.

@ Wild Card:

:beer: I have been to Disneyland Paris last year... i heard this song the next three weeks in my dreams....

@ all : .....and that is the magic of world wide web :

two guys from different regions of germany has photos of one officer not knowing of each other - and to make it even better - one of them has it from his own old family photo album - the name to the photo is given from one guy from another place in the world working with sources and gnomes all over the world - that`s real world wide web , that`s global power....that`s really cool :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Serving slmost all of Collecting Mankind, the archives of New Alexandria float in geo-synchronous orbit above Planet Earth. :catjava:

Diepenbrock's awards were accumulated between the annual editions of Rank Lists as follows:

PrLD2 and that inexplicable HEK3: 1893/1894. No connection to Hohenzollern, serving in Cassel with XIth Army Corps. (???)

EH3a 1895/1896 (not from Saxe-Altenburg, which leaves -Coburg-Gotha or -Meiningen)

RAO4 1897/1898. An Orders List would reveal award date on that.

May be Sachsen Meiningen. His cousin (i think cousin, i am confused by all the names and dates i checked tonight)Heinrich Hockenbeck was married with the daughter of Albert Ritter von Vahlkampf, Anna Katharina Vahlkampf. Albert Ritter von Vahlkampf was state-minister in Meiningen until he died in 1858. The "Ritter von" came with the award of the Verdienstorden der Bayerischen Krone, i guess. He is mentioned in the court-register of bavarian nobility in 1851 with the addition "Ri1 V7".

Regards

Markus