News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can you help? - Col. Pat Brennan, Aviator, NSC

Good point Doc! :speechless:

News from Bob Ampula at the MSC -

The Medical Service Corps so far only has reference to a James P.Brennan, 2LT in 1970. This was from their Stud Book, which only liststheir location at the time. They are going to send an inquiry to the Silver Caduceus Society to see if anyone knows of him.

I hope this is him.

Highly unlikely. Too late to be a second louie, unless he was enlisted in Nam. And the name change is suspicious. I don't think this is the one. If he is not otherwise in the MSC stud book, then it is unlikely that he was MSC, and this hypothesis/guess would seem to be wrong.

Be aware, there was a John P. Brennan who was an Army aviator, and who died as a Captain in Vietnam--- obviously he did not make it to Colonel, but lots of name searches will pull him up. Doc

Highly unlikely. Too late to be a second louie, unless he was enlisted in Nam. And the name change is suspicious. I don't think this is the one. If he is not otherwise in the MSC stud book, then it is unlikely that he was MSC, and this hypothesis/guess would seem to be wrong.

I think that may well be the case Doc

Be aware, there was a John P. Brennan who was an Army aviator, and who died as a Captain in Vietnam--- obviously he did not make it to Colonel, but lots of name searches will pull him up

I havent seen anything to this chap at all im my searches. Where did you hear about him?

Thanks

Dan

I think that may well be the case Doc

I havent seen anything to this chap at all im my searches. Where did you hear about him?

Thanks

Dan

I've found him on quite a few websites. Apparently shot down in a Huey on 9 Oct 69.

http://www.vvmf.org/index.cfm?SectionID=110&Wall_Id_No=5534

http://www.armyaircrews.com/huey_nam_69.html

http://www.scguard.com/museum/docs/vietnam/1969/October1969.pdf

This is definitely not your guy. And no other John P Brennan's listed as kin for him, either.

There was a Major John P Brennan who was assistant military aide to President Nixon in 1969. Highly dubious that this is our man, since it is a relatively common name, but you never know. You might try to contact the Nixon Library and see if they have anything on him. Major in 69 would fit with Junior officer service in VN in the early 60s. Doc

Edited by Doc

There was a Major John P Brennan who was assistant military aide to President Nixon in 1969. Highly dubious that this is our man, since it is a relatively common name, but you never know.

Im pretty sure that this chap was Marine corps.

One thing that i have found is that there is a lrage concentration of military Brennans in and around the Boston, Mass. area

This is going to be an area for me to look at too

Thanks Doc

Dan