News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

China, Double Dragon - 2nd Type : which is the exact ribbon ?

lilo

Hi to All,

I would like to know if the colours of the ribbon used for the 3rd class of a 2nd Type of the China, Order of Double Dragon are the same as in the photo below attached :

Many Thanks in advance

Regards

Lilo

Hi Lilo,

the above shown photo displays a 3rd grade, 1st class...and the ribbon is exactly the right one (in colour and quality).

Regards,

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Many thanks for your replay.

What I would like to know is if the above ribbon (with that exact colours) is also used for the following class and gradeS of the (2nd Type Double Dragon) :

- 3rd CLASS (1st Grade);

- 3rd CLASS (2nd Grade);

- 3rd CLASS (3rd Grade);

Can you confirm it or Not ?

Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo

According to the works of Lawrence-Archer 1887, Gritzner 1893 and Trost 1910 the correct term is:

3rd GRADE, 1st CLASS.

In all three books only the first model ribbon is discribed. But simultaneously to the ribbons of the first model it is most likely that it is the same ribbon for all classes in the 3rd grade. Sorry, but I can only serious confirm the colour and the quality of the above shown 3rd class, 1st grade.

Regards,

Matthias

A new work about Chinese Imperial Orders is on the market, probably someone here is in possession of this book...

............. A new work about Chinese Imperial Orders is on the market, probably someone here is in possession of this book...

Hi again Matthias,

do you happen to remember the exact title of the new book about Chinese Imperial Orders to which you referred above ?

I would be interested in buying a copy.

Many Thanks

Lilo

Li, Gonqing

Chinese Orders 1862-1955, Toronto 2009, english and chinese text, limited to 500 copys.

Have a look here: www.orden-der-welt.de use the button "Fachliteratur" it is possible to order a copy at Michael Autengrubers page (or where ever else :-)

Best regards

Matthias

Edited by kunsho

Li, Gonqing

Chinese Orders 1862-1955, Toronto 2009, english and chinese text, limited to 500 copys.

Have a look here: www.orden-der-welt.de use the button "Fachliteratur" it is possible to order a copy at Michael Autengrubers page (or where ever else :-)

Best regards

Matthias

Thanking very much for the Matthias information I discovered an exceptional blog that should be read by all members deeply interested on Chinese Orders.

The link is : http://chinesemedal.wordpress.com/

Thanks again MATTHIAS !

Regards

Lilo

Hello again,

I started this post to try to positively identify what was the Chinese Order an Italian Admiral received.

I apologise in advance for the stupid question to follow :

From reading his military papers, I know that the Admiral in question received the : China, Order of the Double Dragon.

The class of this Order He received is written using an Italian word : 'COMMENDATORE'.

In the italian reward system there are five classes for a data Order : The 'COMMENDATORE' class occupy the 3rd level (I think that the corresponding british class is that of COMMANDER [neck badge]).

My Question :

Am I rigth in understanding that the italian Admiral received the : '3RD GRADE' of the Order of the Double Dragon that in italian words was traslated as the class of 'COMMENDATORE' ??

Please taking in mind that :

1) I don't know the RANK this officer had at the time of the award of this Chinese Order;

2) The Admiral had this Order gazetted later (17th June 1919) when it (the Order) was already obsolete.

Many Thanks for any input

Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo

...I remember that the higher grades then the 3rd grade (1st and 2nd) of the 2nd model are all accompanied by a breast star. So the 3rd grade was to translate for europeans as "commander" class...

Matthias

By the way my example was awarded in 1909 to a Captain (Hauptmann Streit)

Edited by kunsho

...I remember that the higher grades then the 3rd grade (1st and 2nd) of the 2nd model are all accompanied by a breast star. So the 3rd grade was to translate for europeans as "commander" class...

Matthias

By the way my example was awarded in 1909 to a Captain (Hauptmann Streit)

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your replay.

I already have bought the book you suggested wink.gif !

Best Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo