News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thanks Naxos.

I'm pretty new to TR. What exactly is it meant to be a copy of?

What particularly gives it away?

Dan

It seems to be a copy of a cap eagle.

What gives it away? Material, pins, stamping, overall execution and appearance ... etc.

Guest Rick Research

Nope-- absolutely original but NOT a cap eagle--

the "skewed" wings and "tired" swastika as well as it being flat indicate that it is the eagle off a M1938+ NSDAP Political Leader's right (inward facing the way it slants) collar tab. Worn over little tiny pips that had microscopic eagle swastikas on them, or oakleaves in varying numbers. A left collar tab eagle was a mirror image slanting the other way.

:beer:

Guest Rick Research

You thought it was an eBay "quality" non-Epson scan, when that is the actual angle of the bird. The "tired" rather than "mobile" swastika is the tipoff that it is just not Tragically Non-Epson Imagery. :cheeky:

These things are REALLY hard to find not all corroded and zink-pesty. Aside from the broken off pins, this one's not that bad, as far as retaining any surface color goes. Must have been made by the same low-bidder who made Reichsbahn metal collar tab insignia.

Thanks Rick.

Today will be a better photo day!

It turns out that we actually have an Epsom scanner packed away at my other halfs parents. Dunno which model it is but it will be coming home with me next time we visit...!

Edited by FrontlineAntiques

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

I was able to get on and off The Island today ahead of yet another winter autumn snow global warming storm (bridges freeze first-- it ain't pretty) and thanks very much indeed :cheers: to one of the Traveling Museum members on the mainland, here is your Leaning Bird in situ, as the right collar patch of an NSDAP Ortsgruppe level Gemeinschaftsleiter--