News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commander's Badges

azyeoman

Are commander's badges unusual to find and were there different makers for the different types? I've read that they are still being produced in Japan. Does anyone know how can you tell and origianal one from a newly made one? Thank you.

Originals are scarce. I will post pictures over the weekend of an original company grade commander's badge. They still make copies of them in Japan, most of which are marked as copies on the reverse. Those that are not will be of different style to the originals. I have no idea on the number of makers but given the scarcity of the badge I do not think it would have been substantial.

Originals are scarce. I will post pictures over the weekend of an original company grade commander's badge. They still make copies of them in Japan, most of which are marked as copies on the reverse. Those that are not will be of different style to the originals. I have no idea on the number of makers but given the scarcity of the badge I do not think it would have been substantial.

Thank you Paul. I look forward to seeing the photos. I really appreciate it very much.

...while you are waiting for Paul's scans...here are mine:

Here is the Field Commanders Badge from my collection (should be a good one :-)

Thank you very much. This makes it clear as to what everyone should look for. It certainly seems that the four "lugs" are the most obvious indication of a good badge as the reproductions don't have those. Thank again very much.