News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romania - award certificates in WWII

Hi everybody. I am interested in collecting information about the Romanian order awards during WWII (to Romanian, German or Soviet officers) and I would like to take a look in the award certificates that you may have in your collections. :) I would therefore appreciate if you could help me by sending the information that you may have available. It would be great if you could post or send me images of the awards certificates as this would minimise errors in transcription (the images should preferably be large enough to allow the information on them to be read without straining the eyes ;) ).

As an example I attach an image of an award certificate for the Order of the Crown of Romania with swords which I have seen for sale several years ago and on which I have colour-coded the essential information.

Red: Decree number

Blue: Date of the decree (usually in the format DD.MM.YYYY)

Green: Details of the award (class and ribbon)

Yellow: Details of the awardee (name, rank, unit, justification of the award)

Pink: Certificate number

Purple: Date of issue for the certificate (in the format YYYY.MM.DD)

Please note that sometimes provisional award certificates with a different format were issued, but information from those is equally interesting.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I only have Great War certificates for the victory medal so that won't be of much help to you.

Good luck in your continued search.

Thanks, Rob. I'll keep your offer in mind if I become interested in information in Victory Medal certificates.