News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungary - WW2 Sergeant unknown uniform

Hello!

Looking at the photograph and the medal bar, i would say that its the following medals.

From the left, Silver medal of bravery "Vitézségért", the first class of the Firecross with swords "Tüzkereszt" (awarded for 3 month of front-line service at the eastern front 1942/43, the 1940 medal for Erdély (Transylvania) and the recapture of the lost Hungarian territories, and the 1941 medal for Délvidék (Hungarian parts of Yugoslavia) the recapture of the lost Hungarian territories.

The medal down right is the order of Vitéz. A knightly order, founded in 1920 and given to participants of the great war. The title of "Vités" could be inherited, and since the man on the photograph does n´t have any medals from WW1, the title was inherited from his father. More info of the order of Vitéz at : http://www.vitez.6x.to/

I attach a photograph of my own medals for the illustration.

The uniform is not really a uniform, but rather a traditional Hungarian "Attila-type" costume that was worn at special occasions like a tuxedo.

A photograph of the Atilla dress ; http://www.szabosag....s/large/269.jpg

Greetings

Péter

Edited by Peter Nyitray

The uniform is not really a uniform, but rather a traditional Hungarian "Attila-type" costume that was worn at special occasions like a tuxedo.

Greetings

Péter

Thanks Péter

His whole bar consists of:

Large Silver Bravery Medal (Horthy)

Small Silver Bravery Medal (Horthy)

Fire Cross with swords "1942"

Fire Cross without swords

Transylvanian Campaign (1940)

Yugoslavia Campaign (1941)

German 1939 Iron Cross 2nd Class

German East Front Medal

Royal Canadian Life Saving Society Silver Benefactor Medal

Royal Canadian Life Saving Society Bronze Benefactor Medal

Royal Canadian National Lifeguard Service Silver Jubilee Medal

Royal Canadian Life Saving Society (Alberta Branch) Diamond Jubilee Medal

He was awarded the Vite'z for WW2. I did not get all his medals, The Order of Vite'z, the Hungarian Large Silver Bravery Medal, the Fire Crosses, and the Yugoslavia Campaign, are missing. I am trying to locate these and buy. I got the other medals and a miniture chain with: Order Vite'z, 1957 Iron Cross 2nd, East Front Medal, and the Canadian Medals. He could not get the Hungarian minitures in Canada in the 1980's. I also got the award documents for the Canadian Medals. If you know of anyone who wants to sell any of the "Missing" medals, let me know. Thanks.

Edited by army historian