News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification of Collar tab

It looks like an early SS tab to me. Can you make some close up photos of the tab?

These are as close as I could get with the focus. Always tough to evaluate these with out them in your hands. There are two holes in the center also if it this means anything at all.

Sorry about the size, this was as big as I'm allowed to make the photos. I think its a high definition shot though. If you can enlage it some how it may show something.

Thanks for the questions and interest, Merry Christmas - Jesse

• 9 months later...

I came across this topic and noticed the dimensions of the item. Does the size equal the size of a Panzer collar tab (ca 7-7.5 x 3.5 cm) and does it have the piercings where a Panzer skull may have been attached? If so, it cold it be an early collar tab of a Panzer-Pioneer as worn between 1940 and 1942?

I came across this topic and noticed the dimensions of the item. Does the size equal the size of a Panzer collar tab (ca 7-7.5 x 3.5 cm) and does it have the piercings where a Panzer skull may have been attached? If so, it cold it be an early collar tab of a Panzer-Pioneer as worn between 1940 and 1942?

Thanks For the reply.

It measures 7x4 cm and has two holes on the back that are parellel and centered to the ends. The holes are 2 cm apart. Tough to tell with these..... I'll have to now buy an early collar tab Skull to see if it fits OHHH-NO hahhahaha

Thanks For the reply.

It measures 7x4 cm and has two holes on the back that are parellel and centered to the ends. The holes are 2 cm apart. Tough to tell with these..... I'll have to now buy an early collar tab Skull to see if it fits OHHH-NO hahhahaha

These Panzer-Pioneer collar tabs are quite scarce on the market, so you have a good catch, in particular when it is complete!

If you like, I can keep an eye open for a genuine Panzer skull here on a German militaria fair, I expect that the price won't put you off (between 10 and 20 Euros).

These Panzer-Pioneer collar tabs are quite scarce on the market, so you have a good catch, in particular when it is complete!

If you like, I can keep an eye open for a genuine Panzer skull here on a German militaria fair, I expect that the price won't put you off (between 10 and 20 Euros).

Thanks Much Odulf, that nice of you. Please don't go out of your way but if you do stumble accross a good one I would send you payment..

I'll send you a p[rivate message with more info. Let me know also what you are collecting, I'll keep my eyes open here in California...you never know.