News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Uniforms

From my limited ability to do internet seraches on the subject - I wonder if there is anyone out there with some rudamentary knowledge of the various types and forms of the RPR and RSR uniforms. If someone does - can we see some unfiroms and make some form of a timeline with styles and varaitions? Period photos, items in collections, etc...??

Thanks Kev - I had seen those posts beofre, but I wonder if there is any more photos / actual uniforms from the early RPR. From what I have seen there seems to have been a 4 pocket (early up to the 1950's) along with a more Soviet style "Kitel" (2 pocket form) etc... there just does not seem to be anything difinitive yet that I have found which would easliy lay out the information as to the various models, when they were introduced, discontinued, etc...

:unsure:

Edited by hunyadi

did that book actually cover any of the uniforms in the Communist Periods?

I think it only covered the 1877 - 1939 period.

I do not have the book myself, but I remembered I have an image of its cover. The note on the back says that it is based on the collections of the National Military Museum and it covers a period starting in the 1840s or earlier and goes at least until WWII. This is why I said that I do not know how much it goes into the RPR period.