News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Narvik

nesredep

Hello nesredep

This type of badge featuring an upright sword is often worn by members of one of the "promotions" (i.e.classes) of officers' or NCOs' training schools.

NARVIK refers, of course, to the Anglo-French attempt to help Norway in 1940. The viking drakkar would be for the Navy, the hunting-horn for the Chasseurs Alpins and the typical grenade for the Foreign Legion which formed together the brigade of infantry landed at Narvik. Although this was far from a victory, the epic of that campaign remains quite a reference in the mind of many Frenchmen.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

Hello nesredep

This type of badge featuring an upright sword is often worn by members of one of the "promotions" (i.e.classes) of officers' or NCOs' training schools.

NARVIK refers, of course, to the Anglo-French attempt to help Norway in 1940. The viking drakkar would be for the Navy, the hunting-horn for the Chasseurs Alpins and the typical grenade for the Foreign Legion which formed together the brigade of infantry landed at Narvik. Although this was far from a victory, the epic of that campaign remains quite a reference in the mind of many Frenchmen.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Veteran

Hello!

Yes, this helps thanks. :cheers:

All the best

Morten.