News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two New Acquisitions

Dieter3

The photos aren't the best, but here are two recent acquisitions. Pretty run of the mill as orders go, but I was happy to get 'em! jumping.gif The 5th class order is near mint, later issue (screws, not rivets). The 8th has some toning/tarnish, but remains in pretty nice condition overall.

IMG_8239.jpgIMG_8294.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Been looking for a nice one of these for a while, finally found one I liked. Case has a bit of abrading on the exterior, but the interior and the medal itself more than made up for it!

IMG_8716.jpg

One thing I'd like to know is whether or not a document was issued with these. My guess is yes, but I've never seen one so I simply don't know. Paul? Anybody?

Been looking for a nice one of these for a while, finally found one I liked. Case has a bit of abrading on the exterior, but the interior and the medal itself more than made up for it!

IMG_8716.jpg

One thing I'd like to know is whether or not a document was issued with these. My guess is yes, but I've never seen one so I simply don't know. Paul? Anybody?

Yes, there was an award document. I have one in a group of medals which I have so I must get round to taking a photo of it and posting it here. It is very hard indeed to find these documents, far harder to find them than the medal.

Yes, there was an award document. I have one in a group of medals which I have so I must get round to taking a photo of it and posting it here. It is very hard indeed to find these documents, far harder to find them than the medal.

I figured there would have been one. I know Peterson makes mention of a woman's version on bow, would love to see one of these too, never have. I'd imagine this would fetch a seriously pretty penny!!!

Paul, does the document show an image of the medal at the bottom? If so, I'm wondering if an award document to a woman would show this with a bow, like say a Sacred Treasure doc. would show. (same question on the 2600th Anniversary document - I know that image is on the doc., but have never seen a document for a woman's medal - does it show a bow in the image??)

I figured there would have been one. I know Peterson makes mention of a woman's version on bow, would love to see one of these too, never have. I'd imagine this would fetch a seriously pretty penny!!!

Paul, does the document show an image of the medal at the bottom? If so, I'm wondering if an award document to a woman would show this with a bow, like say a Sacred Treasure doc. would show. (same question on the 2600th Anniversary document - I know that image is on the doc., but have never seen a document for a woman's medal - does it show a bow in the image??)

I have documents for the 1904-05 War Medal and various Red Cross awards to female recipients and none of them show the medal with a bow. I would be surprised if they did show a bow but all the certificates I have seen for these medals are to male recipients.