News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with PKO

Gentlemen, I have a Crown Order 2nd Class with Swords, and it looks like it was run over by a tank. One of the sword hilts is missing, so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for replacement. I was thinking of getting a cheap Goede replacement for it, but am open to all suggestions.

Gentlemen, I have a Crown Order 2nd Class with Swords, and it looks like it was run over by a tank. One of the sword hilts is missing, so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for replacement. I was thinking of getting a cheap Goede replacement for it, but am open to all suggestions.

Vince,

Are you thinking of using a Goede as a source for the part? The repair might be hard to hide because the hilts are probably not going to look the same.

If one of the hilts is still there, a casting can be made from it, and used as a model to make a replacement. Making a simple two piece mold of a more or less flat object is a simple matter an art student or jewelry-crafts person can do for you. A professional repair could cost you more than you paid for it. Do a google search on molding and casting and the results should give you a decent idea of how the process is done, and if you can make the mold yourself, and perhaps find someone to do the actual casting. Once that's done, cutting and soldering the piece in place is quite easily done.

Les