News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identiy of badge, obverse only available

Does anybody have an opinion on the maker of this badge? Reverse shot not possible as it is sewn onto a leather jacket. John

John,

i have seen this type of badge before,with the large head on the eagle.I beleive it is an original zinc award but the maker iis unknown to me?

Regards,Martin.

I think it is a good one also Martin but I have no image record of it in my files. I see no reason to remove it from the jacket for a reverse shot however.

The "feet" of the eagle are quite distinctive and I was hoping that would lead to an image but none match that I have.

John

Edited by John R

Agreed, definitely a period original, but no manufacturer as yet identified for this type.

Interesting to see an example of such a late war badge apparently period attached to a black leather jacket. Black was used to a very limited degree by U-Boat crews for this type of jacket and usually in the early part of the war. By the time this type of badge was produced, U-Boat crews were almost universally using the grey leather jackets.

Agreed, definitely a period original, but no manufacturer as yet identified for this type.

Interesting to see an example of such a late war badge apparently period attached to a black leather jacket. Black was used to a very limited degree by U-Boat crews for this type of jacket and usually in the early part of the war. By the time this type of badge was produced, U-Boat crews were almost universally using the grey leather jackets.

Here is the jacket, owned by Gary Ruhl. The badge is sewn onto the jacket. I am asking for images of any stamps inside.

John

Edited by John R