News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FJO - About Kriegs Dekoration

pinpon590

Hello !

Some Franz Josef Order could be awarded with "Kriegs Dekoration", who is a green ribbon enamel, located on the insignia.

I ask me few questions about the location of this Kriegs Dekoration, depending on the grade of the order :

- Knight : ??? I have never seen knightcross with such green enamel...

- Officer : only below the crown I think.

- Commander : on the cross, below the crown ?

- Grand commander : on the star ? Something on the cross ?

- Grand Cross : only on the star or also on the cross ?

Thank you for your help !

:cheers:

Hello !

Some Franz Josef Order could be awarded with "Kriegs Dekoration", who is a green ribbon enamel, located on the insignia.

I ask me few questions about the location of this Kriegs Dekoration, depending on the grade of the order :

- Knight : ??? I have never seen knightcross with such green enamel...

- Officer : only below the crown I think.

- Commander : on the cross, below the crown ?

- Grand commander : on the star ? Something on the cross ?

- Grand Cross : only on the star or also on the cross ?

Thank you for your help !

:cheers:

Hi Pinpon590,

-Knight Kriegsdekoration only indicated by Kriegsband (Bravery Medal Ribbon)as saschaw already mentioned

-Officer till 1915 large Kriegsband-Rosette , then green enameled pendules (beyond crown), swords (introduced late 1916) are fixed directly on the pendules

- Commander, Kriegsband and swords fixed on the lengthend pendules

-Grand Commander, as commander, breaststar with Kriegsdekoration arround the star, and swords (if awarded) beyond Crown

Grand Cross, sash badge on Kriegsband, swords on lengthend pendules; breaststar as commanders breaststar

To make it even more difficult there existed the socalled kriegsdekoration niedrigen grades (lower grade war decoration) forinstens if somebody got first a knightsbadge with wardecoration and later on a peacetime officers cross. then the wardecoration of the knight is indicated by a green enameled ring arround the FJ-center medaillon. but original ones are very very very rare.

some few pics here FJO

regards

josef