News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Very nice boards here guys!cheers.gif I must say, I haven't look at this subforum regulary at all.

Uniform elements are not my main interest but I have obtain few pits and pieces over the period of time in order to bring more "life" to the ribbon bars displays.

So, I would like to share a picture with you guys, what I have so far. Any comments much apprisiated.

All the best,

Timo aka Noor

Hauptmann of Prussian Infanterie-Regiment Nr.13

Enlisted man or NCO of Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr.12 (is the bottom field-grey or blue?)

unknown ID tag

WWII Sturmartillerie collar tab

WWII Kriegsmarine Oberleutnant zur See (Gordon Williamson would know better regarding the device)

bottom: Generic Oberleutnant WWI (Saxon, if the thread woven in the silver is green)

Edited by Naxos

Hmm, I was pretty sure they are all from WW1 periodspeechless.gif .

Here is one better scan as requested...

Now with the better scan - I can see it is not WWII - I have no idea what it is - some guard unit). Perhaps Chip might now

Edited by Naxos

Naxos, are you sure about WW2.... to me, it's looks like imperial crown on the button.

Does the board have the national colors (black - white - red) woven in?

Edited by Naxos

Timo,

Nice items, as I have told you before. All are WWI vintage or earlier. The M15 FAR strap is not from the 12th regiment, as it was a cyphered regiment. I suspect it is either a munitions column strap or one from the Landwehr unit. The reserve regiment normally wore a metal unit number.

The collar tab is from a Saxon grenadier overcoat. The Saxons changed from the old full color collar tabs to a gray or gray-green tab (depending on the branch) in April of 1908. Infantry units were red piped.

The naval officer's board is also pre-1918 and is for the rank of Marine-Oberingenieur.

Thanks for showing them.

Chip

The naval officer's board is also pre-1918 and is for the rank of Marine-Oberingenieur.

But the "Pickel" is wrong on this board. If he was an Marine-Oberingenieur he would wear the crown above the anchor.

Regards Alex

Alex,

I believe you are thinking of the "Ober" as related to the Deckoffizier ranks. This is a regular officer, and the "Ober" refers to the pip, as in Oberleutnant. Naval engineer officers did not wear the crown and riband over the anchor insignia.

Regards,

Chip